All flower bulbs
Discover the most beautiful spring and autumn flower bulbs in this handy category. From tulips to daffodils and from gladiolus to dahlias. Discover our extensive bulb range quickly!
Items 1-48 of 447
- -29%5/620xAbyssinian Lily Acidanthera murielae x 20Gladiolus callianthus, Syn. Acidanthera bicolorSpecial Price £2.10 Regular Price £2.95Stock 100+Sword lily Acidanthera or Abyssinian Lily 'Gladiolus accidi' is one of the most fragrant gladioli types around. It bears attractive highly fragrant... Learn More
- -51%4/520xAllium moly x 20Allium moly luteumSpecial Price £1.60 Regular Price £3.25Stock 100+Allium moly produces large glossy golden star-like flowers in early summer. Each stem carries up to 40 flowers in clusters. Learn More
- 32/34XL FlowerbulbsAmaryllis MinervaHippeastrum Amaryllis Minerva£9.95Only 9 leftThe Hippeastrum Minerva is a beautiful, large single flowering Amaryllis. Blooms easily with two stems and plenty of huge scarlet flowers with... Learn More
- 24/26Amaryllis RapidoHippeastrum Amaryllis Rapido£7.50Stock 11The Hippeastrum Rapido, commonly called Amaryllis is a multi flowering miniature Amaryllis with plenty of compact deep scarlet blossoms. This set... Learn More
- -22%Ø 14cmLarge flowersAmaryllis Red in potHippeastrum Amaryllis RedSpecial Price £10.10 Regular Price £12.95Stock 24This Hippeastrum Amaryllis Red is a beautiful plant suitable for indoor use. These bulbs produce lots of flowers of an intense, warm red. It is a... Learn More
- -23%Ø 12cmAmaryllis White in potHippeastrum Amryllis Apple BlossomSpecial Price £6.90 Regular Price £8.95Stock 21This Hippeastrum Amaryllis White is a beautiful plant suitable for indoor use. It is a popular pot plant due to its long flowering period. The bulb... Learn More
- -11%4/520xAnemone blanda Blue Shades x 20Anemone blanda Blue Shade 4/5Special Price £3.10 Regular Price £3.50Stock 69Anemone blanda is a fabulous spring flowering plant with brightly coloured flowers resembling daisies radiating into the sunshine. Their effect is... Learn More
- 4/520xAnemone blanda Mix x 20Anemone blanda£3.25Stock 54Blanda is a fabulous easy to grow plant, it blooms with delightful brightly colored daisy-like flowers on lush green fern-like foliage. Learn More
- -50%3/440xAnemone Combo Hollandia and Fokker x 40Special Price £3.50 Regular Price £6.95Stock 100+This show-stopping Anemone collection produces fantastic vibrant violet blue or brilliant red flowers with striking black stamens. The flowers will... Learn More
- -50%3/4CutflowerchnitblumenAnemone coronaria Combo White/Blue 3/4Special Price £6.50 Regular Price £12.95Stock 20Both gardeners and florists everywhere cherish these charming old favourites. They produce pretty poppy-like flowers with large petals on... Learn More
- -46%3/420xAnemone coronaria De Caen x 20Anemone coronariaSpecial Price £2.15 Regular Price £3.95Stock 100+These charming old favourites are cherished by gardeners everywhere. They are very easy to grow and make great long lasting cut flowers, no wonder... Learn More
- -30%3/420xAnemone coronaria Hollandia x 20Anemone coronariaSpecial Price £3.15 Regular Price £4.50Stock 100+The beauty of these plants is their ability to create spectacular displays by producing long lasting vibrant red poppy-like flowers with large... Learn More
- -29%3/420xAnemone coronaria Mr. Fokker x 20Anemone coronaria Mr. FokkerSpecial Price £3.00 Regular Price £4.25Stock 100+This show-stopping spring flower produces fantastic vibrant violet blue flowers with striking black stamens. Learn More
- -49%3/420xAnemone St. Brigid x 20Anemone coronaria St. BrigidSpecial Price £1.90 Regular Price £3.75Stock 100+Anemone St Brigid - The Ostrich Feather Anemone, these old favourites are still much loved by gardeners everywhere. Learn More
- -49%3xBegonia grandiflora Orange x 3Begonia grandiflora OrangeSpecial Price £2.00 Regular Price £3.95Only 9 leftBegonia grandiflora are great garden plants with large flower heads. Give them a sheltered spot in your garden with mid half-day sun in a moist... Learn More
- -22%20/22Crinum Powellii WhiteCrinum powelliiSpecial Price £4.25 Regular Price £5.50Stock 41They produce massive Amaryllis like stems 3 ft high, with gorgeous white trumpets and have a deliciously sweet scent. The huge bulbs have a length... Learn More
- -25%8/1010xCrocosmia George Davidson x 10Crocosmia crocosmiiflora (montbretia)Special Price £3.65 Regular Price £4.95Stock 93The uniquely shaped arching branches with dozens of brightly coloured flowers are an absolute delight for the summer Learn More
- -50%Dahlia ArnhemSpecial Price £1.75 Regular Price £3.50Stock 29Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -51%Dahlia decorative Onesta IDahlia OnestaSpecial Price £2.10 Regular Price £4.25Only 8 leftAlso known as "The Waterlily Dahlia" Onest produces elegant flowers in a purple-pink color edged with deepest purple. This ornamental dahlia has... Learn More
- -49%2/3Dahlia decorative Orange tuber size IDahlia decorative OrangeSpecial Price £2.40 Regular Price £4.75Stock 27Dahlia decorative Orange is a beautiful Dahlia with large dinner plate size apricot orange blooms. This outstanding dahlia is a sure favourite for... Learn More
- -49%CutflowerchnitblumenDahlia decorative WhiteDahlia decorative WhiteSpecial Price £2.00 Regular Price £3.95Stock 46Also known as "The Waterlily Dahlia", produces elegant flowers in a brialliant white colour. This ornamental dahlia has lots of large long... Learn More
- -51%Dahlia DuetSpecial Price £2.10 Regular Price £4.25Stock 39Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -50%Dahlia Fascination.Special Price £1.75 Regular Price £3.50Stock 25Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -49%Dahlia kleene BerlinerDahlia Berliner LemonSpecial Price £2.00 Regular Price £3.95Only 6 leftDahlia kleene Berliner have large flowerheads approx 15 cm across. It will produce masses of flowers from early July until first frosts. Dahlias... Learn More
- Dahlia Lucky Number£5.25Only 6 leftDahlia Lucky Number is a decorative dahlia with well-filled flowers and broad, flat petals. Learn More
- -49%Dahlia Orange PygmyDahlia Semi Cactus Orange PygmySpecial Price £2.40 Regular Price £4.75Stock 33Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -18%CutflowerchnitblumenDahlia Park PrincessDahlia 'Park Princess'Special Price £3.25 Regular Price £3.95Stock 48Your garden will be picture perfect when you add Park Princess it has glorious pink blooms which are almost iridescent Learn More
- -50%Dahlia Playa BlancaSpecial Price £2.75 Regular Price £5.50Stock 50Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -50%Dahlia SinceritySpecial Price £1.75 Regular Price £3.50Stock 53Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -49%Dahlia Top-mix pinkDahlia FascinationSpecial Price £2.00 Regular Price £3.95Stock 41Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -49%Dahlia Top-mix YellowDahlia single floweringSpecial Price £2.00 Regular Price £3.95Stock 53Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -51%CutflowerchnitblumenDahlia Topmix Red Tuber size IDahlia single floweringSpecial Price £1.60 Regular Price £3.25Stock 36Add a ray of sunshine to your garden with these cheerful daisy-like dahlias they are very pretty and as they are small they are ideal for... Learn More
- -49%Dahlia Topmix WhiteDahlia single floweringSpecial Price £2.50 Regular Price £4.95Stock 42Dahlias produce masses of flowers from July (August for the later varieties) through to October. Dahlias make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers... Learn More
- -29%2/3CutflowerchnitblumenDahlia Yellow Sneezy Tuber size IDahlia Yellow SneezySpecial Price £3.00 Regular Price £4.25Stock 38Dahlias will produce masses of flowers from early July until October. Dahlias make great long lasting cutflowers and are ideal for planting in... Learn More
- -27%6/810xGladioli Butterfly Mix x 10Gladiolus Butterfly MixSpecial Price £2.60 Regular Price £3.50Stock 100+These beautiful Butterfly Gladioli are very popular Learn More
- -26%6/710xGladioli nanus mix x 10Gladiolus nanus mixSpecial Price £2.60 Regular Price £3.50Stock 100+These superb hardy gladioli nanus mix are valued for their flowers in warm summery hues with pleasant markings on the lower petals. Learn More
- -29%6/710xGladiolus Charming Beauty x 10Gladiolus nanus Charm BeautySpecial Price £2.30 Regular Price £3.25Stock 50Gladiolus Charming Beauty blooms are a delicate salmon pink with a creamy white throat on strap-like foliage and short stems. Learn More
- -29%6/710xGladiolus Charming Lady x 10Gladiolus nanus Charming LadySpecial Price £2.60 Regular Price £3.50Stock 31Add a touch of class to your perennial border with these 'Charming Lady' gladioli, blushing candy floss pink flowers flushed with lilac on short... Learn More
- -34%8/1010xGladiolus Green x 10Gladiolus GreenSpecial Price £2.30 Regular Price £3.50Stock 40This novelty Green Gladioli is also known as the Green Beer Gladioli, specially bred in remembrance of the green hills of Ireland. Blooms mid summer... Learn More
- -28%6/710xGladiolus Nanus Charm x 10Gladiolus nanus CharmSpecial Price £2.30 Regular Price £3.25Stock 50Gladiolus nanus Charm blooms with multiple violet pink flowers enhanced by a pale white blotch at the lower lip of the flower. Gladioli nanus are Learn More
- -26%6/810xGladiolus nanus Elvira x 10Gladiolus nanus ElviraSpecial Price £2.75 Regular Price £3.50Only 9 leftGladiolus nanus Elvira blooms are soft ivory white blushed with a delicate veil of pink and enhanced by an deep pink blotch. Nanus Gladioli are Learn More
- -26%6/810xGladiolus nanus Guernsey Glory x 10Gladiolus Guernsey GlorySpecial Price £2.55 Regular Price £3.50Stock 41This fabulous dwarf gladioli variety blooms with orchid-like flowers in a striking combination of peach with deep carmine markings. They make... Learn More
- -31%6/710xGladiolus nanus Halley x 10Gladiolus nanus HalleySpecial Price £2.30 Regular Price £3.25Stock 52Gladiolus Halley produces spikes of ivory white flowers with carmine red stripes on strap-like foliage and short stems. Learn More
- 6/710xGladiolus nanus Mirella x 10Gladiolus nanus Mirella£3.25Only 2 leftCreate a sensational display in your garden with Gladiolus nanus Mirella, its vivid red blooms are also excellent for using in fresh flower... Learn More
- -20%6/810xGladiolus nanus Nathalie x 10Gladiolus nanus NathalieSpecial Price £3.00 Regular Price £3.50Stock 31Gladiolus nanus Nathalie produces spikes of salmon pink flowers blushed with red and enhanced by deep red markings. Learn More
- -13%6/810xGladiolus nanus Nymph x 10Gladiolus nanus NymphSpecial Price £3.05 Regular Price £3.50Stock 21These gorgeous dwarf gladioli will bring a touch of class to your borders this summer. They also make exceptional cut flowers. Learn More
- -20%6/810xGladiolus nanus Prins Claus x 10Gladiolus nanus Prins ClausSpecial Price £2.75 Regular Price £3.50Stock 48Gladiolus nanus Prins Claus will add a touch of drama to your perennial border. They also make exceptional cut flowers. Prins Claus is pure white... Learn More
- -23%8/1010xGladiolus White 8/10 cm x 10Gladiolus WhiteSpecial Price £2.75 Regular Price £3.50Stock 61This variety belongs to a group of large flowering gladioli. Best planted in clumps, they flower abundantly all summer long, producing... Learn More
Items 1-48 of 447
Flower bulbs are so easy to grow
They are very rewarding; producing some of the biggest, brightest flowers and require the least amount of effort. Spring flowering bulbs can get a lot of attention from passersby, but there are many flower bulbs that also bloom in summer and well into autumn.
Flowering bulbs may be annuals, biennials, or perennials, which will produce a wide variety of blooms and foliage. Whether you're an experienced gardener or just planning your very first flower bed, bulbs should be a fundamental part of your plans.
Bulbs work beautifully in flower beds or containers, and can complement other plants or make a stunning statement when grouped together. We have everything from Tulips and Daffodils to Asiatic lilies and from tall stately Gladiolus to highly fragrant Oriental Lilies.
How to plant Flower Bulbs in Autumn (Fall) for Spring Flowering
General instruction on planting of Flower Bulbs for Spring Blooming
Plant Flower Bulbs between mid September and December. Plant your bulbs in time and according to the weather (your local area). Flower Bulbs must have roots before the frost freezes the ground. The rooting takes up about 3 - 4 weeks depending on soil temperature. In frost prone zones give always mulch on top of the planting area after planting to help protect. For example you can use old leaves, fix the leaves with some earth on top or use peat moss.
Plant Flower bulbs (rule of Thumb) 3 x the bulb height deep use thios guide line a a minimal planting depth.
In warmer areas where the temperature in winter does not go below 10 degrees Celsius store your bulbs in the fridge, vegetable compartment for up to 9 weeks.
Flower Bulbs need a cold spell in order to build the flower and activate the growing cycle. So in warmer climates (USA) you need to fool nature a bit. Applying a moist mulch on top is fine, as it will keep the planting location moist and cool.
How to Plant Summer bulbs
Summer flower bulbs are best planted between late April and end of May, when the Soil has warmed up after winter. Individual Varieties flower at different times so you can enjoy colour in your garden all season long.
First of all make a plan of what you would like and where, take into account the different bloom times of each variety to make sure that you will have many different flowers blooming in your garden at the same time all summer long.
Make sure that you plant your bulbs as soon as you receive them, check that they are firm and Healthy, unhealthy bulbs are often soft and lightweight.
Most summer bulbs like to be planted in a location where they will receive at least 4 hours of sunlight, see details on packaging for the correct information per variety. Plant them in well drained Soil, if your Soil has poor drainage you can improve drainage by mixing in some builders sand or grit, by planting the bulbs on a slope or by making a raised bed. Adding well rotted organic matter will also help improve drainage.
Plant them at three times the bulbs height deep and two or three times their width apart, cover the planting area with some compost. Plant tall bulbs at the back of the border and smaller ones at the front.
Plant Gladioli just below the surface as they like to have a shallow planting depth and they like as much sun as possible.
Begonia’s benefit from being started indoors, plant them in good compost and keep them somewhere warm but out of sunlight until the first sprouts are about 3-5 cm (1 " - 2") above the surface of the Soil, then you can plant the outdoors. They like to have some Shade and need moist and regular feeding.
Dahlia Tubers can be started in a large enough planter already in April, transplant them in the border during mid May, take care that these original South American plants get sufficient sunlight and water. Choose a planting location in line with their growth. Cacti - Semi Cacti en Decorative Dahlia's can grow very large and might need some canes whilst growing up.
The dwarf growing types should be planted from the mid to front of the border.
Summer bulbs are not winter hardy so they must be lifted after the first autumn/winter frosts and stored in a cool, dry, dark frost free place until the following spring.
Planting of Flower bulbs in planters
It is great fun to plant bulbs in planters, you can place the pots in bloom where ever you like, they make a great sight, they can be taken indoors or arranged in a colourful group on your patio. Don't use to small planters, I use mostly 17 cm and upwards, for layer planting (lasagne method) I use planters of 30 - 40 cm wide. Plant your bulbs in a mixture of 1/3 sand with 2/3 potting compost for good drainage. Plant your bulbs halfway down in the planter and leave space between the wall of the planter and the bulb. Once planted I top the pots with extra potting compost and press it down firmly.
Larger planters of earthenware I place in a sheltered corner of the garden and underneath I slide a slab of Polystyrene to avoid freezing up from the bottom. I cover the large planters with and old carpet or cloth. I will bring them out in full daylight by end of February -March depending up on bud development and your local situation, so check during February on the growth and not to forget watering, planters should not become dry. Water if needed.
Smaller planters I do place in a carton box (Banana boxes from the fruit stall are perfect, they last and are easy to carry) fill the box up with peat whilst placing the pots into them. Put a layer of peat over the whole of the box as a final layer of protection. I store the boxes away either in a shed or a sheltered corner of the garden and cover them with some straw or a layer of newspapers. Again start checking from February onwards for bud development and do watch out for drought, they never should be dry.