- -11%CutflowerchnitblumenPeony Charming LadyPaeony 'Charming Lady'Special Price £5.80 Regular Price £6.50Only 9 leftWhat a super Paeonia, deep violet pink petals combined with these lovely creamy white stamen. Charming lady produces plenty of flower stalks from the... Learn More
- -11%CutflowerchnitblumenPeony lactiflora WhitePaeony lactiflora WhiteSpecial Price £5.30 Regular Price £5.95Stock 18Grace your garden with these elegant white Peonies, they bloom with dense flower heads and will produce increasingly more flowers Learn More
- Ø 11cmCutflowerchnitblumenPeony Lactiflora Sarah Bernhardt 11cmPaeony lactiflora 'Sarah Bernhardt'£7.50Stock 67Peony pink revelation Sarah Bernhardt is a masterpiece of nature. The huge pink ruffled flowers are enhanced by creamy white petals around the base... Learn More
- Ø 11cmCutflowerchnitblumenPeony Alexander FlemingPaeony Alexander Fleming£6.95Stock 49Beautiful, fully double fragrant pink flowers. Perfect for flower bouquets. Once they're established these Paeonies are extremely long lived,... Learn More
- Ø 11cmCutflowerchnitblumenPeony Duchesse De NemoursPaeony Duchesse de Nemours£6.95Stock 43This wonderful, fragrant heirloom peony 'Duchesse de Nemours' has classic huge, pure white, double flowers, flushed green in bud, from early to... Learn More
- Ø 11cmCutflowerchnitblumenPeony Karl RosenfieldPaeony Karl Rosenfield£7.50Stock 41This classic peony Karl Rosenfield forms a great backdrop in spring with its attractive dark, glossy foliage followed by spectacular mildly... Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenPeony Bowl of BeautyPaeony lactiflora 'Bowl of Beauty'£6.95Out of stockBowl of Beauty is an absolutely stunning Peony. It has huge open flowers with double cherry pink petals and conspicuous golden stamens. A fantastic... Learn More
- Peony Coll Bowl of Beauty/Edulis/ Red£14.95Out of stockThis super collection comprises some of the finest paeonies available. Bowl of Beauty is candy pink with a bright golden stamen, Edulis Superba Pink... Learn More
- Peony Lactiflora Sarah BernhardtPaeony lactfiflora 'Sarah Bernhardt'£3.95Out of stockPeony pink revelation Sarah Bernhardt is a masterpiece of nature. The huge pink ruffled flowers are enhanced by creamy white petals around the base... Learn More
- Peony double flowering RedPaeony Double Flowering Red£5.25Out of stockBlooms with dense flower heads and will produce increasingly more stems with bold beautiful blooms over the years to come Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenPeony single flowering ApricotPaeony Single Flowering Apricot£6.95Out of stockIt's rare to find Peonies with such large blooms and rich golden stamen. This Apricot peony will definitely surprise you with it's great colour Learn More
- Peony lactiflora FlamePaeony lactiflora 'Flame'£6.95Out of stockBlooms with red dense flowerheads and will produce increasingly more stems with bold beautiful blooms over the years to come. Learn More
- Peony lactiflora Edulis SuperbaPaeony lactfiflora 'Edulis Superba'£6.95Out of stockEdulis superba produces huge, sweetly scented double pink flowers on dark glossy foliage. Favourites amongst florists they make excellent cut... Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenPeony lactiflora SorbetPaeony lactiflora 'Sorbet'£7.50Out of stockPeony Sorbet has huge, multiple layered pink and white flowers with a heavenly scent. There foliage is a Learn More
- Ø 16cmPaeonia Lactiflora Pink 16 cmPaeony Alexander Fleming£12.95Out of stockPeonies are hardy, shrub-like plants that return year after year. Suitable for your permanent border, both as single plants and in groups.... Learn More
- Ø 16cmPaeonia Lactiflora Red 16 cmPaeony Alexander Fleming£12.95Out of stockPeonies are hardy, shrub-like plants that return year after year. Suitable for your permanent border, both as single plants and in groups. Learn More
- Ø 16cmPaeonia Lactiflora White 16 cmPaeony Alexander Fleming£13.95Out of stockPeonies are hardy, shrub-like plants that return year after year. Suitable for your permanent border, both as single plants and in groups. ... Learn More
- Giant Peony Single RedPaeony Single Flowering Red£5.50Out of stockIt's rare to find Peonies with such large attractive blooms and rich golden stamen. These lovely red single flowering peonies will definitely... Learn More
Peony or Paeony plants are a favourites among florists
Peonies make excellent cut flowers with their bold decorative foliage and showy long lasting flowers.
Create an awesome display with striking Peonies!
Select from our many different scented and unscented peony or peonies available online, 100% Guaranteed!
Peony or Paeonia are a genus of herbaceous perennials or shrubs. Herbaceous peonies die back completely in winter and re-grow in spring when the weather warms up again, while a tree peony just lose their leaves in winter, retaining their woody stems.
Flowering late spring and early summer Peonies will create an awesome display in your border increasing in beauty year after year.
The showy flowers of peonies create a striking effect in a mixed border or near the entrance to your home. Plant them in a sunny location and make sure you choose the right location as peonies do not like to be moved or replanted. Some peonies can grow in the same spot for decades, the are among the longest living Perennials.
How to Care for Tuberous Peonies
They need two to three years to become fully established. The blooms make excellent cut flowers and their foliage is also very decorative. Be careful not too plant them too close together as overcrowding reduces air circulation resulting in disease (space approx 3ft apart), if you have already planted them close together then keep the foliage trimmed so that they aren’t touching each other.
The eyes (small red coloured buds) on the peony roots should be no more than 3-5cm below the Soil surface, if planted too deeply they may not flower. Soak the roots overnight before planting and plant them in well drained Soil. Support your plants with the help of stakes as the double flowering Varieties can before rather top heavy.To extend their blooming period, plant some early and some late flowering Varieties.
Don't grow peonies in pots as they have a large root system too big for in a pot. Mulch in February or March with potash-rich wood ash to increase flower production in poor Soil. In good Soil, this is not essential. Do not water them in spring unless it is very dry, and if you want to have really big Healthy flowers you should de-bud side shoots with a knife in late spring.
Peonies are reasonably pest free however they sometime suffer from botrytis blight a fungal disease, this disease will cause the whole plant to decay, removal of all infected parts of the plant is essential to keep the disease under control. In autumn cut the plants down to the ground and burn the foliage that has been removed, this will help to prevent infection and keeps the plant fungus free.