Wisteria or 'Blue Rain' is one of the most spectacular climbing plants to decorate your home or garden walls. The wisteria in full bloom is an impressive sight. This creeper is a shrub and has beautiful, enchanting, drooping flower heads and will suit any garden. The blue wisteria is the best known, but we also sell the white and pink varieties!
- 60-80cmStandard Wisteria Sinensis TreeWisteria sinensis Prolific£27.95Stock 23This exceptional Chinese climbing plant has been grafted onto a single stem to form a standard Wisteria tree. The standard Wisteria is a perfect choic Learn More
- 30-40cmWisteria sinensis Blue Rain 9 cmWisteria sinensis 'Blue Rain'£9.50Stock 53Originally found in Japan and China they are now an absolute must in every garden. These woody vines climb rapidly and look best when allowed to clamb Learn More
- 50-60cmWisteria Sinensis ProlificWisteria sinensis 'Blue Rain'£24.95Stock 22Wisteria's found in Japan and China and are now an absolute must in every... Learn More
- 50-60cmWisteria Floribunda AlbaWisteria floribunda White£23.95Stock 28Wisteria's are found in Japan and China and are now an absolute must in every... Learn More
- 50-60cmWisteria Floribunda RoseaWisteria floribunda Rosea£23.95Stock 35Wisteria's found in Japan and China and are now an absolute must in every... Learn More
We have two different types of Wisteria, the sinensis Wisteria and the floribunda Wisteria
The sinensis Wisteria is from China and the floribunda Wisteria is from Japan. The sinensis Wisteria types are left winding and the Floribunda Wisterias, are right winding.
Wisteria is great for arcade's, porches, up against walls or trellis. They like full sun and need climbing support. Most wisteria shrubs are fragrant too.
Our Wisteria sinensis blue is grown from a seedling and not from an existing plant and the pink and white is grafted. Suplied as young specimens,some can take 2-3 seasons to flower but there will be plenty of green until then and cutting them back will bring on the flowering quicker.
The sinensis is a rapid grower and can be difficult to keep in shape in summer but the floribunda is easier to control and are grafted so the flower will come sooner.
How to Care for Wisteria
Wisteria sinensis and Floribunda's: Plant the wisteria out of cold winds in a sunny sheltered spot. Provide some form of support (trellis)& tie New shoots loosely to it. In the first few years train all New growth to form a main stem with main branches, later cut back all New growth to about 5-6 buds in mid summer. Prune all side shoots back to 5-6 buds from the previous year's growth in late winter to form New flowering spurs. It will produce its striking flowers in May - June but may take a couple of years to flower for the first time.
Attention: leaves may have dropped off during autumn transport, do not worry New leaves will grow back in spring.
How to Care for Standard Wisteria
Plant the wisteria in a large planter, after watering, place the planter in a sheltered position in full sun. Feed the tree with a high potash fertiliser and mulch it in the spring. Do not over feed as it will produce foliage at the expense of flowers. The wisteria should be pruned to maintain a height no greater than 1.2m and the head should be kept trimmed into an attractive shape. If left unchecked it will revert to it's natural shape.
Buy at online garden center Gardens4You
You can buy quickly and easily at gardens4you, your online garden center. We have a large range of Wisterias to choose from directly from the nursery.
On all our Wisteria shrubs you get standard grow and bloom guarantee, if you are not satisfied you get new plants or your money back. So you can order with peace of mind. We have the best quality bushes.
Also take a look at our other bushes. Such as the very popular clematis, buddleja and hydrangea.