- 5/720xCrocus Botanical MixCrocus botanical mix£21.95Available again next AutumnAfter a long dull winter the soil warms up and Crocuses appear, they are a welcome sight in the lawn or border with their radiant colours. Learn More
- 20xCrocus vernus Pickwick x 20Crocus vernus Pickwick£9.95Available again next AutumnLovely late flowering crocuses with unusually large flowers. These distinctive purple and white striped blooms are excellent for borders or for natura Learn More
- 20xCrocus chrysanthus Blue Pearl x 20Crocus chrysanthus Blue Pearl£6.50Available again next AutumnCrocus Blue Pearl is closely related to the wild crocus, it is a stunning shimmering shade of pale blue on the outside and creamy white on the... Learn More
- 8/920xCrocus chrysanthus Dorothy x 20Crocus chrysanthus Dorothy£6.50Available again next AutumnBrighten dull winter gardens and lawns with Dorothy, it has sunny yellow flowers striped with bronze on the outside Learn More
- 20xCrocus tommasinianus Ruby Giant x 20Crocus tommasinianus Ruby Giant£5.50Available again next AutumnPretty very early crocus for wild flowering in lawns, borders and under shrubbery. This magnificent brilliant purple crocus will add a welcome touch o Learn More
- 20xCrocus chrysanthus Gipsy Girl x 20Crocus chrysanthus Gipsy Girl£8.50Available again next AutumnGipsy Girl blooms with large intense golden flowers marked with a distinct pattern of brown stripes on the outside. Learn More
- 5/720xCrocus chrysanthus Fuscotinctus x 20Crocus chrysanthus Fuscontintus£6.50Available again next AutumnFuscotinctus is a bright golden herald of spring. The lovely bright flowers dance in the early morning breeze, enhancing your garden with their splen Learn More
- 20xCrocus chrysanthus Prins Claus x 20Crocus chrysanthus Prince Claus£6.50Available again next AutumnA very unique coloured multi flowering crocus, each petal is white with a very distinctive deep purple marking on the interior Learn More
- 20xCrocus tommasinianus Lilac Beauty x 20Crocus tommasinianus Lila Beauty£6.50Available again next AutumnA unique crocus for the early spring border, the unusual combination of a silvery white exterior and a lavender blue interior makes this crocus one of Learn More
- 20xCrocus sieberi Firefly x 20Crocus sieberi Firefly£5.75Available again next AutumnFirefly is a unique spring crocus, its beautiful flowers are vibrant blue with a bronze golden blotch in the centre and a deep orange stamen.... Learn More
- 5/720xCrocus sieberi Tricolor x 20Crocus sieberi tricolor£6.50Available again next AutumnThis outstanding variety is hard to come by and will generate quite some interest in spring when it's blooming in all its glory!! Learn More
- 20xCrocus vernus Jeanne d'Aarc x 20Crocus vernus Jeanne d'Arc£9.50Available again next AutumnA welcome sight in spring Crocus vernus Jeanne D'arc produces glowing white flowers with a slight purple tinge at the base and vivid orange... Learn More
- 20xCrocus tommasianus Barrs Purple x 20Crocus tommasinianus Barr's Purple£5.50Available again next AutumnCrocus tommasinianus Barr's Purple is a charming species and one of the best for naturalising when planted in great masses under trees or in... Learn More
- 20xCrocus vernus Remembrance x 20Crocus vernus Remembrance£9.95Available again next AutumnTurn your border into a feast of colour in early spring with these super large flowering crocuses. The deep orange stamens stand out against... Learn More
- Ø 9cmEasy plantCrocus vernus Jeanne d'Arc 9 cm potCrocus vernus Jeanne d'Arc£6.95Out of stockCrocus Vernus Jeanne d'Arc are a welcome sight in spring. They produce glowing... Learn More
- Ø 9cmEasy plantCrocus King of the Striped 9 cm potCrocus King of the Striped£6.95Out of stockCrocus King of the Striped is an early large-flowered crocus with... Learn More
Crocuses are one of spring's most cherished flowers
Crocus corms produces pretty six petalled flowers which open and close with sunlight. Each Crocus corm produces between one and five flowers on narrow grass-like foliage.
Crocus bulbs are very hardy and left undisturbed they will re-appear yearly increasing rapidly in numbers year by year. Crocus bulbs are suitable for planting in pots, borders on lawns and some Crocus species can be forced to bloom early indoors. We stock some of the finest species Crocus Chrysanthus and Crocus Vernus corms dug fresh from the fields of Holland.
How to Plant Crocus Flower Bulbs
How to plant Crocus Corms: All Crocus including the Botanical Crocus species are actually known as corms, not built up of scales but it's a solid food storage with the new eyes for next season on top underneath the dried outer skin. Plant them at a depth of 6 - 8 cm (3 Inch). The broad bottom should be pressed into the fine loosened up soil of the planting site. Break up the topsoil into finer soil (remove clumps) and replace the soil gradually over the planted Crocus corms.
Water well. Fertilise in early spring with some organic fertiliser on top when the sprouts become visual. Fertilise again end of April with a compound fertiliser of NPK 12-10-18. Mulch is essential for Crocus corms.
You can plant Crocus corms underneath trees or in a lawn, lift up the grass with a sharp spade (cut out blocks), loosen up the soil underneath and plant the corms. The grass will be a good protection for the winter. Mow the planted lawn area by mid may and they will return again and again.