Hydrangea macrophylla is one of the most popular shrubs. With an abundance of bulbous flowers, they make any garden come alive. This shrub species usually flowers in July and August, some varieties even flower in June. Because the flower also colors beautifully in autumn, you have the feeling that the hydrangea blooms even months longer. It does well in partial shade. On the hottest days in full sun, the Hydrangea macrophylla does like some extra water. We sell the most popular varieties fresh from the grower. Did you know that the hydrangea can change color, it turns from pink to light blue depending on the acidity in the soil. White flowers do not discolour.
- -25%20-30cmCutflowerchnitblumenHydrangea macrophyla Bouquet RoseHydrangea macrophylla 'Bouquet Rose'Special Price £4.30 Regular Price £5.75Stock 100+
- -25%Ø 9cmCutflowerchnitblumenHydrangea macrophylla whiteHydrangea macrophylla 'Teller White'Special Price £3.95 Regular Price £5.25Stock 65
- -25%20-30cmHydrangea macrophylla perfection 12 cm pHydrangea macrophylla 'Perfection'Special Price £6.40 Regular Price £8.50Stock 66
- -25%20-30cmHydrangea Soeur TheresaHydrangea macropphyla 'Soeur Therese'Special Price £4.90 Regular Price £6.50Stock 100+
- Ø 12cmCutflowerchnitblumen
- Ø 12cm
- 20-30cmHydrangea macrophylla mini Penny 12 cm pHydrangea macrophylla 'mini Penny'£8.50Out of stock
- 20-30cmHydrangea Schlos Wackerbarth 12 cm potHydrangea macrophylla 'Schlos Wackerbarth'£8.50Out of stock
- 20-30cmHydrangea You&Me together 12 cm potHydrangea macrophylla 'You&Me together'£8.50Out of stock
Hydrangea macrophylla means large- or long-leaved
Hydrangea macrophylla is a species of flowering plant in the Hydrangeaceae family, The crazy thing about these shrubs is the fact that the bloom colour is affected by soil pH. An acidic soil (pH below 7) will usually produce flower color closer to blue, whereas an alkaline soil (pH above 7) will produce flowers more pink.
So even when you buy a blue specimen if your acid content is not high enough it could result in a pink flower.