You can recognize the Siberian Iris by its somewhat smaller flowers with markings and narrow, bright green leaves. Irises are planted in full sun. They come back every summer. It is an excellent cut flower.
- -11%3xIris sibirica Roaring Jelly x 3Iris sibirica Roaring Jelly£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Roaring Jelly has blooms of different shades of purple with white accents. The blooms are dependable and long-lived, making them... Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenIris combo Metal Blue/Silver Edge£9.95Out of stockGreat combination of 2 wonderful irises, elegant and delicate ruffled blooms on tall slender stems for the partially shady garden, for by the pond... Learn More
- 3xCutflowerchnitblumenIris Sibirica Blue Pendant x 3Iris sibirica 'Blue Pendant'£5.25Out of stockThese graceful summer flowering Siberian Irises have elegant ruffled blooms on tall slender stems. They will thrive in almost any garden and are... Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenIris sibirica Collection£11.95Out of stockThese graceful summer flowering Siberian Irises have elegant ruffled blooms on tall slender stems. They will thrive in almost any garden and are... Learn More
- 3xCutflowerchnitblumenIris sibirica Deep Blue x 3Iris sibirica Deep Blue£5.25Out of stockIris sibirica deep blue begins blooming after the Bearded Iris has faded but before the Japanese Iris. They produce long lasting rich deep blue... Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenIris sibirica Harpswell HappinessIris sibirica 'Harpswell Happiness'£2.75Out of stockNew unique Iris sibirica Harpswell Happiness is a great plant for the partially shady area of the garden. It bears immaculate blooms with an angelic... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Silver EdgeIris sibirica 'Silver Edge'£2.75Out of stockThese unusual irises have elegant and delicate ruffled blooms on tall slender stems. It blooms with beautiful butterfly-like flowers in summer and... Learn More
- CutflowerchnitblumenIris sibirica Temper TantrumIris sibirica 'Temper Tantrum'£2.75Out of stockTemper Tantrum is a new unique Iris sibirica variety, with extremely showy ruffled blossoms on tall slender stems. Excellent for cutting. Learn More
- 3xIris dwarf pumila mix x 3£5.25Out of stockThis dwarf bearded Iris is of great ornamental value and is one of the first Iris of the season, producing lovely multi coloured velvety showy... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Concord Crush x 3Iris sibirica Concord Crush£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Concord Crush produces ruffled double purple-blue blooms on tall stems. Plant en masse in the herbaceous border for the greatest... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Dark Circle x 3Iris sibirica Dark Circle£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Dark Circle has dark purple-blue blooms with curved falls. They thrive in most conditions, and perfect for along the water’s edge......... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Dawn Waltz x 3Iris sibirica Dawn Waltz£5.50Out of stockIris sibirica Dawn Waltz is a very pretty variety. Soft pink-lavender blooms with a soft yellow centre top tall stems. Plant en masse in the border... Learn More
- -11%3xIris sibirica Double Standard x 3Iris sibirica Double StandardSpecial Price £5.80 Regular Price £6.50Out of stockIris sibirica Double Standard is an exclusive variety. It has ruffled violet-pink petals with slightly flared falls and upright standards. Plant en... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Esther x 3Iris sibirica Esther£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Esther is a pretty cream variety that has a soft yellow centre. They thrive in almost every garden environment. Suitable for growing... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Ewen x 3Iris sibirica Ewen£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Ewen is a striking variety. Its fragrant large flowers are a rich purple colour with yellow-white markings in the centre.The blooms... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Golden Edge x 3Iris sibirica Golden Edge£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Golden Edge has purple-blue blooms and a yellow-white marked centre. Its petals are edged in a narrow band of yellow-gold. They... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Happy Returns x 3Iris sibirica Happy Returns£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Happy Returns has light purple blooms. The blooms are dependable and long-lived, making them great for cutting. They thrive in most... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Having Fun x 3Iris sibirica Having Fun£6.50Out of stockThese graceful summer flowering Iris sibirica Having Fun have ruffled sof lavender blooms on tall slender stems. They will thrive in almost any... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Hubbard x 3Iris sibirica Hubbard£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Hubbard has red-purple blooms and yellow, veined falls. The blooms are dependable and long-lived, making them great for cutting. They... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Kaboom x 3Iris sibirica Kaboom£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Kaboom has wonderful dark purple ruffled blooms atop tall slender stems. Ideal for the partially shady garden, for by the... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Kiss The Girl x 3Iris sibirica Kiss The Girl£6.50Out of stockIris sibirica Kiss The Girl is a charming yellow variety. Its darker yellow falls and pale yellow standards are both slightly ruffled and it also... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Lemon Veil x 3Iris sibirica Lemon Veil£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Lemon Veil has a fascinating colour. The yellow signals are surrounded by soft pink falls that gradually take on a lilac shade. Plant... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Mabel Coday x 3Iris sibirica Mabel Coday£5.75Out of stockThe Iris sibirica "Mabel Coday" is a charming blue-purple variety of irises. The flowers are reliable and long-lasting, making them great as cut... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Pink Parfait x 3Iris sibirica Pink Parfait£6.50Out of stockIris sibirica Pink Parfait has a beautiful colour and form. Its lavender-pink double blooms sit atop tall slender stems. They will thrive in almost... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Rambunctious x 3Iris sibirica Rambunctious£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Rambunctious has mid purple-blue blooms with modest yellow markings. Multiple petals at its centre make this bloom stand out. The... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Reprise x 3Iris sibirica Reprise£5.50Out of stockIris sibirica Reprise has mid purple petals, slight yellow markings and slight veining. Ideal for the partially shady garden, for by the... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Ruffled Plus x 3Iris sibirica Ruffled Plus£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Ruffled Plus has wavy ruffled lavender-blue blooms. Ideal for the partially shady garden, for by the water’s edge or in large... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica See Ya Later x 3Iris sibirica See Ya Later£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica See Ya Later has rich jewel toned magenta blooms. Ideal for the partially shady garden, for by the water’s edge or in large... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Shaker's Prayer x 3Iris sibirica Shaker's Prayer£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Shaker's Prayer is an exquisite variety. It has a beautiful form and colour and is marked with intricate veining. They thrive in most... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Shirley Pope x 3Iris sibirica Shirley Pope£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Shirley Pope is a charming purple variety. The blooms are dependable and long-lived, making them great for cutting. They thrive in... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Snow Prince x 3Iris sibirica Snow Prince£5.75Out of stockIris sibirica Snow Prince has elegant blooms on tall slender stems. They will thrive in almost any garden including boggy, wet soils once they are... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Spindazzle x 3Iris sibirica Spindazzle£5.50Out of stockIris sibirica Spindazzle has wavy ruffled lavender-pink blooms. Ideal for the partially shady garden, for by the water’s edge or in large... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Summer Revels x 3Iris sibirica Summer Revels£5.50Out of stockDe Iris Sibirica Summer Revels heeft een tweekleurige bloem. Deze bloem heeft crèmewitte en gele bladeren. Deze bloem groeit prachtig naast... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Swans in Flight x 3Iris sibirica Swans in Flight£6.50Out of stockIris sibirica Swans in Flight is a beautiful white variety. They bloom on tall slender stems. They will thrive in almost any garden including... Learn More
- 3xIris sibirica Yellow Tail x 3Iris sibirica Yellow Tail£6.50Out of stockThe Iris Sibirica Yellow is a rare variety. This flower has a double bloom. The colors are lavender-pink with yellow accents. A beautiful flower... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Cape Cod BoysIris sibirica Cape Cod Boys£3.95Out of stockIris Cape Cod is a striking periwinkle blue with darker veining intensified towards the tips of the petals. It has a lemon yellow signals in its... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Careless SallyIris sibirica Careless Sally£3.95Out of stockIris Sibirica Careless Sally has frilly petals the colour of which fall between pink, lilac and lavender, with darker purple markings in the centre... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Devils DreamIris sibirica Devils Dream£3.95Out of stockIris sibiricia Devils Dream is a stunning variety. Its petals have an intense purple hue. Plant en masse in the border or containers for the... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Flying FiddlesIris sibirica Flying Fiddles£3.95Out of stockIris sibirica Flying Fiddles is a fascinatingly coloured variety. Cream standards and yellow petals with burgundy veins surround a contrasting pale... Learn More
- Iris sibirica How AudaciousIris sibirica How Audacious£4.25Out of stockIris sibirica How Audacious is a mix of purple-violet blooms with yellow falls and intricate veining patterns on tall slender stems. They thrive in... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Light of HeartIris sibirica Light of Heart£2.95Out of stockIris Light of Heart has striking colouring, contrasting red violet to pale lilac with golden yellow signals. Ideal for the partially shady garden,... Learn More
- Iris sibirica MagnetismIris sibirica Magnetism£3.95Out of stockIris sibirica Magnetism has pretty blue blooms, dark blue on the petal falls with dark yellow signals and pale blue upright standards. They will... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Miss AppleIris sibirica Miss Apple£4.25Out of stockThe blooms of Iris sibirica Miss Apple are a rich magenta colour with gold accents. A beautiful variety for the garden borders or containers.... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Mission BayIris sibirica Mission Bay£3.95Out of stockIris sibirica Mission Bay has much coveted pale blue blooms with yellow markings. A beautiful addition to your garden, they thrive in most... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Rosy BowsIris sibirica Rosy Bows£2.95Out of stockIris sibirica Rosy Bows has a pretty lavender-rose colour and a ruffled form. The blooms are dependable and long-lived, making them great for... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Sugar RushIris sibirica Sugar Rush£3.95Out of stockThe Iris sibirica Sugar Rush has a beautiful color combination. The lower petals are red-pink in color with yellow accents, combined with soft pink... Learn More
- Iris sibirica Tipped in BlueIris sibirica Tipped in Blue£3.95Out of stockIris sibirica Tipped in Blue blooms have contrasting purple and yellow petals and intricate veining. Ideal for the partially shady garden, for by... Learn More
We supply top quality beardless Iris Rhizomes
Shipped direct from the nursery for best results and 100% guarantee.
Iris sibrica or Siberian Flag is popular because of its ability to thrive in a wide range of conditions. Siberian Iris is perfect for growing in borders or along the side of a pond. They like to have well drained moisture retetnive soil with high compost content.
Siberian Irises elegant foliage is grass-like and flowers bloom on tall stems in summer. They are hardy plants and very adaptable they will tolerate most conditions once established.
Caring for Siberian Iris
These statuesque Perennials provide year round interest, they have stunning exotic looking flowers in summer as well as grassy foliage which turns a beautiful reddish- brown in autumn and their Seedpods look lovely in flower arrangements.
Plant Iris sibirica in an open sunny position with good drainage, they benefit from at least 6 hours sunlight daily. Plant the rhizomes in a good mixture of potting compost and sand, the rhizome should covered to where you can actually see the very top of as it needs to be exposed to the sunlight, the roots should be buried beneath the Soil. To achieve this dig a hole 26 cm in diameter and 10 cm deep, then mound up a little pile of Soil. Place the rhizome on top of this mound with the roots spread out over the Soil, then fill in the hole and cover the roots, leaving the top of the rhizome slightly exposed.
Keep them well watered for the first 6-8 weeks after planting. Flowering may take one extra season, as they need to get settled.
Apply organic fertiliser and a thin layer of compost around the base of plants each spring and again after the blooms are gone. To encourage a second bloom, cut the flower stalks close to the ground after the leaves have turned yellow.
Siberian Iris clumps can grow undisturbed for years, dividing being necessary when either the clumps become crowded or when vigor declines and blooms get smaller. Divide the plants (with a sharp knife or spade do not break or tear them) about every third year in early autumn and replant immediately. They do well in borders but along a pond too as a water side plant.