Aloe vera is a modern looking houseplant. Aloes are easy to grow indoors in containers. Did you know that this plant is one of the most popular medicinal plants and growing it is easy. It only needs dry conditions with good light. The soil of the aloe vera plant needs to dry before watering. Make sure the pot has some drainage holes. Buying one is safe and easy, all plants come with a growth guarantee.
- 20-30cmAloe Arborescens 12 cmAloe Arborescens£16.95 As low as £16.10Stock 14This dwarf version of Aloe has strong sturdy leaves arranged in rosettes with fine yellow-white serrations. Originates from Africa; this amazing... Learn More
- 20-30cmAloe Vera Plant 10 cmAloe Vera Barbadensis miller£12.95Stock 67This Aloe Vera plant is known as the Indian medicine plant due to the healing powers of the sap in its succulent leaves which has been used for... Learn More
- -22%40-50cmAloe Vera Plant 13 cmAloe Vera Barbadensis millerSpecial Price £14.00 Regular Price £17.95Stock 32This Aloe Vera plant is known as the Indian medicine plant due to the healing powers of the sap in its succulent leaves which has been used for... Learn More
- Ø 10cmAloe FlowAloe hybrida 'Flow'£14.95Stock 16Aloe ‘Flow’ is a gasteraloe and a native from South Africa with highly distinctive leaf markings. Aloe is known for its healing... Learn More
- Ø 8cmAloe AristataAloe Aristata£11.95Stock 12Aloe aristata is native to South Africa and resembles Haworthia Fasciata. Aloe aristata Requires a lot of light, warmth and moist soil during the... Learn More
- Ø 10cmAloe variegatedAloe variegated£12.95Out of stockOut of stockA South African native, this decorative varigated Aloe has striking leaves arranged into rosettes on tall stems. This amazing plant is otherwise... Learn More
Aloe Vera plants are known as medicine plants due to the healing powers of the sap within its succulent leaves
Aloe Vera is useful for many skin conditions as it eases pain and reduces inflammation. Aloe Vera gel is also used as a popular base for many cosmetic products. You can actually cut a leaf off your Aloe Vera plant every now and then and apply the juice directly onto your skin.
Aloe Vera makes a great houseplant, as it is one of the few plants that releases oxygen and absorbs carbon dioxide in the dark, making it very suitable for growing in bedrooms. Aloe Vera is very easy to grow it will thrive on any sunny windowsill with the minimum of effort.
The Aloe Vera is an easy houseplant that does well in the shade
The Aloe Vera is a houseplant with very special properties, the juice is sometimes used for cosmetic products. The ancient Egyptians already used it. We are mainly concerned with his special beauty. He can stand anywhere if it is not too dark. Be careful not to water this houseplant too much.
Aloe are easy house plants that do well in the shade but after some habituation also in full sun. Because they store moisture in their leaves, they can be without water for a long time. In principle, watering once a week is sufficient. This makes them an ideal houseplant for someone who is not always at home. In addition, they also do well as a plant in the office. It is a fast growing houseplant so repot on time! Much is known about the medicinal properties of the juice of the Aloe Vera, but since our Aloe Vera's are cultivated as an ornamental plant, consumption of the juice is not recommended.
Origin and history
The Aloe Vera is originally from Africa and from the Carabia. In history, the Greeks used the plant as a medicine. Medicinal customs of the Egyptians are also known. The plant stores water itself and can therefore deal with drought. Did you know that in some cases the plant gives red or yellow flowers.
Water Aloe Vera
The Aloe Vera needs little water. From April to October you only need to give little water, so that the root does not dry out. In the autumn you can even give less water. To make things easier for you, moisture meters are also available. In short, give the Aloe Vera water after it is dry for a few days.
Put the Aloe Vera in the half shade or in the full sun. That is an excellent location, the plant can tolerate good sunlight due to its tropical character. The plant has to get used to it so let the plant after purchase a few days get used to its new location and go from half shadow to more sunlight.
No extra plant food needed for your Aloe
Aloe Vera is a robust strong plant and therefore does not need extra food. A nice easy roommate. This plant simply remains green and grows very easily in itself. Suppose you still want to give plant nutrition do that in the spring. Special food is available for this.
Repot your Aloe Vera
You can repot your Aloe Vera perfectly. Then try to do it in the spring or immediately after receipt. That is the best period. With a larger pot, the plant can then continue to grow. To prevent damage to the roots, after repotting, give the plant some water again after a few days.
Buy Aloe Vera plant at Gardens4You
With all our Aloe Vera indoor plants you get standard bloom guarantee, if you are not satisfied you get new plants or your money back. You can order without worry. We have the best quality large indoor plants and deliver your plants within 24 hours (before 15:00 ordered Mon-Fri). You can also pamper your plant with extra delicious plant food.
Also take a look at our other houseplants. Like the very nice succulents.