A magnolia shrub in full bloom is one of the joys of early spring. Plant the magnolia in the garden and these beautiful shrubs will be the talk of the town! With large flowers and beautiful colors ranging from white to cream and yellow to any kind of pink, rich red to purple. Some magnolia flowers are not only incredibly beautiful, but also fragrant. Magnolias can be shrubs or trees, come in all shapes and sizes and fit into any garden.
- 30-40cmMagnolia RoseaMagnolia stellata Rosea£7.50 As low as £7.13Stock 51This Star Magnolia is sure to please; it will brighten up any garden! Pleasantly fragrant, star-shaped, pale pink pale pink blossoms flower from... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia Liliflora NigraMagnolia liliiflora Nigra£7.95Stock 100+This eye-catching, pleasantly scented Magnolia liliiflora ‘Nigra’, also known as Black Lily Magnolia, blooms from a younger age than... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia BettyMagnolia liliiflora Betty£7.95Stock 77Magnolia Betty produces large, tulip-shaped deep purple-pink flowers with white interiors on thorny branches in spring. The decorative bright green... Learn More
- 60-80cmMagnolia Yellow RiverMagnolia denudata Yellow River£29.95Stock 16Yellow River is a quite a rare variety prized for it’s sweet scented primrose yellow, cup-shaped flowers. The large flowers are about 10 cm... Learn More
- -20%30-40cmMagnolia soulangeana Alba SuperbaMagnolia soulangeana Alba SuperbaSpecial Price £7.15 Regular Price £8.95Stock 100+This scented Magnolia is smothered in remarkably large and beautiful tulip-like blossoms on their bare branches in early spring. It’s a slow... Learn More
- 20-30cmMagnolia soulangeana Burgundy GlowMagnolia soulangeana Burgundy Glow£8.50Stock 64This scented Magnolia will be smothered in remarkably large and beautiful tulip-like blossoms on their bare branches in early spring. It’s... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia soulangeana Heaven ScentMagnolia soulangeana Heaven Scent£7.50Stock 83This is a striking, deciduous shrub with an upright habit when young later spreading horizontally. The vase-shaped flowers are highly fragrant; the... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia Leonard MesselMagnolia loebneri Leonard Messel£7.50Stock 98These striking, deciduous shrubs will grace any garden with their magnificent beauty! Masses of pale lilac-pink, star-shaped flowers with 12 petals... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia soulangeana AlexandrinaMagnolia soulangeana Alexandrina£7.95Stock 86Magnolia soulangeana Alexandrina will brighten up any garden. Beautiful, tulip-shaped white to pale pink-purple flowers appear in spring just... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia stellataMagnolia stellata£7.50Stock 12An excellent deciduous Magnolia shrub for smaller gardens! Covered in masses of slightly fragrant, pure-white flowers from March through to April. ... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia Royal StarMagnolia stellata Royal Star£7.95Stock 47The beautiful flowers of this Magnolia, white with a hint of pink are lightly scented and bloom from mid-March through April before its leaves... Learn More
- 20-30cmMagnolia SusanMagnolia Susan£8.50Out of stockMagnolias are also known as Fake Tulip trees because their fragrant flowers somewhat resemble tulips. This remarkable variety ‘Susan”... Learn More
- 20-30cmMagnolia combo Susan/Burgundy glow£14.95Out of stockThese scented Magnolias will be smothered in remarkably large and beautiful tulip-like blossoms on their bare branches in early spring . They are... Learn More
- 30-40cmMagnolia Fairy Magnolia Blush 9 cm potMagnolia Fairy Magnolia Blush£14.95Out of stockFairy Magnolia Blush is a shrub from New Zealand with beautiful pink/white flowers. Grows compactly and has darkgreen leaves. ... Learn More
Magnolia shrub makes a sensational accent
Magnolia shrubs are easy to maintain in both large or small gardens.
The new Magnolia varieties offer a choice of colours from pure white to pink and lemon; trees for large gardens or compact growing trees for large pots and borders.
How to Care for your Magnolia
Compact magnolia shrubs are ideal for an average size garden. They can be planted in large containers or as freestanding specimen shrubs. They blossom mid to late spring. The flowers are borne before the leaves. They prefer enriched Soil and a sunny location, they will not produce flowers if they are planted in the Shade.
You can plant them in autumn or spring in a large planting hole filled with 50% topsoil and 50% peat. Water the root ball well upon receipt and place in the prepared planting hole, they require good drainage. Fill up with prepared Soil. Press firmly and water well for the next few weeks.
Magnolias like an organic top dressing in early spring. They need to be sheltered from severe winds. Remove dead wood in the summer after flowering and cut away any untidy bits. Magnolias hate being disturbed and dislike pruning, so choose a space where they have plenty room to grow. Never remove large branches from old trees as the wounds will never heal.
Buy Magnolia at online garden center Gardens4You
You can buy Magnolia quickly and easily at gardens4you, your online garden center. We have a large range of Magnolias to choose from directly from the nursery.
On all our Magnolia shrubs you get standard grow and bloom guarantee, if you are not satisfied you get new plants or your money back. So you can order with peace of mind. We have the best quality bushes.