Begonias are popular houseplants, such as the Polkadot begonia and Begonia rex. These varieties are popular for their striking foliage. The leaves can have pretty shapes with silver and reddish markings. They just need some basic care to keep them looking their best indoors. Just place them where they will get diffused, bright light.
- 20-30cmBegonia Dark RedBegonia Magical Pink£14.95Out of stockThis dark red Begonia is a beautiful houseplant with deep red-pink leaves that produce pretty flowers. The plant is popular at the end of the year... Learn More
- 20-30cmBegonia bi-colourBegonia Magical Pink£14.95Out of stockThis two-tone begonia is a beautiful houseplant with colorful, patterned leaves that produce pretty flowers. The plant is popular at the end of the... Learn More
- 20-30cmBegonia Magical pinkBegonia Magical Pink£16.95Out of stockThese stunning Begonias are grown for their highly decorative foliage, Magical pink has beautiful crinkley pink leaves Learn More
- 20-30cmBegonia silver-leafBegonia Silver-leaf£16.95Out of stockThese stunning Begonias are grown for their highly decorative foliage, Begonia silver-leaf has beautiful heavily crinkled shimmery, silver leaves... Learn More
- 20-30cmBegonia Asian Tundra 12 cmBegonia Silver-leaf£16.95Out of stockThe Begonia Tundra has a beautiful spotted foliage and will be an eye-catcher in your home. This compact, easy-to-care-for houseplant will add the... Learn More
The best known begonia with enchantingly drawn leaves in the colors green, grayish to silver and pink-red is the Begonia Rex. This one has quite large curled leaves. Another popular one is the Begonia maculata. It has elongated leaves with a polka dot pattern, the underside of the leaf is dark red in color. This begonia is also called the polkadot or dotted begonia.
How to care for a begonia at home?
To get the most out of your begonia, place it in a location with diffused light, out of direct sunlight. The begonia can't stand that. This houseplant likes moist conditions. Make sure to keep the potting soil moist without overwatering. Because this plant cannot stand wet feet. To keep your plant healthy and strong, you can occasionally give it liquid plant food.